InfoNexus is an annual conference at McGill University run by the School of Information Studies students. Every year, it brings information specialists together in the city of Montreal (Quebec), Canada to network and discuss various Information Studies topics.
Previously known as “Web 2.You” or “Web 2.U” symposium, the event is a tradition passed from generation to generation. InfoNexus gives information specialists an opportunity to practice their skills as well as share their expertise. InfoNexus aims to inspire the participants to collaborate on innovative projects in order to cultivate the dynamic community of information specialists.
- In 2015, the conference, held on February 6, was renamed into InfoNexus to reflect the changing multidisciplinary nature of the Information Studies field. By shifting the focus from information technologies, services, and institutions to people, the participants of the event were able to embrace greater diversity and establish stronger connections. Check out the 2015 organizers and 2015 speakers. You can also find the highlights from InfoNexus 2015 on the MISSA (McGill Information Studies Student Association) blog and some photos from InfoNexus 2015 in our Google+ album. The decision was taken to reconstruct and consolidate the archives from the previous events. As the result of the project, the archives were published on this current website powered by WordPress. We hope you enjoy exploring our history with us!
- In 2014, Web 2.U symposium conference was held on February 7 and addressed the latest trends in social media (technology, strategy, and best practices). Check out the 2014 organizers and 2014 speakers. You can also find the highlights from Web 2.U 2014 on the MLISSA (McGill Library & Information Studies Student Association) blog and some photos from Web 2.U 2014 in our Google+ album.
- In 2013, the event was renamed into Web 2.U. The symposium was held on February 8. Check out the 2013 organizers and 2013 speakers. You can also find the photos from Web 2.U 2013 in our Google+ album. From now on, the web content for the event was being published on this very site powered by WordPress.
- In 2012, Web 2.You was held on February 10. Check out the 2012 organizer and 2012 speakers. You can also find the highlights from Web 2.You 2012 in French from Tribune Compétences Informationelles.
- In 2011, Web 2.You was held on February 11. Check out the 2011 organizers and 2011 speakers. You can also find the highlights from Web 2.You 2011 on Graham Lavender’s blog. The web content for the event was hosted on a different, now unavailable, site.
- In 2010, Web 2.You was held on February 5. Check out the 2010 organizers and 2010 speakers.
- In 2009, Web 2.You was held on February 13. Check out the 2009 organizers and 2009 speakers. The web content for the 2009 event was posted on a different site from now until 2011.
- In 2008, the very first of its kind Web 2.You workshop for information professionals was held on February 15. It was created and organized by two McGill University run by the School of Information Studies students, Amy Buckland & Jan Dawson. Check out the 2008 speakers animating the workshop that was to become an annual student-organized conference. You can also find our original wikis for the event.
InfoNexus logos and images by InfoNexus team are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://info-nexus.org/about-us/.
Email us for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org.